In 1923 one of the districts' pioneering families Meredith Roberts' built what is now known as The Old Convent as a private residence for his family which overlooked the Dalwallinu town site from the South.
In 1933, 10 years later the building and land was acquired by the Roman Catholic Church and was operated as a unisex Catholic day school and all girls boarding facility until 1968.
In the 1960’s a newer section, next to the original building was added to the east, a church room and 2 classrooms, it was then used as the district Catholic Church until 1972.
From 1972 until 1987 The Old Convent was privately owned (unfortunately we do not have a lot of information regarding this time period)
In 1987 Jonni & Helga Harms purchased the buildings and 20 hectares of land. They renovated the buildings and a second storey with extra accommodation was added. The wooden staircase to access the new upstairs area was acquired from the Foy and Gibs store in Perth. The building was officially opened as a Tourist Accommodation Lodge by Ernie Bridge on the 12 October 1991. The Harms' owned the property until 1998.
In 1998 the property was purchased by Jamie & Linda Falls who lived in the Main House. They had accommodation in the adjoining Church Building and also in the Cottage.
In April 2013 Steven and Lee Anne Carter purchased The Old Convent and surrounding land. After some renovations and refurbishment to some of the rooms, The Old Convent has been in operation as an Accommodation & Function Centre since August 2013 for more information CLICK HERE